MP-SPR for gas sensor developmentUnlike traditional SPR, MP-SPR can work also with gas and vapor samples. It can be used to finetune sensitive coatings for specific gas components. Amongst others, MP-SPR is able to detect hydrogen (2 Dalton) on Palladium surface. Also surface interaction with different humidity can be studied at the nanoscale (more on gas barrier development here).
See reasons why choose MP-SPR for gas sensor development:
- Easy ex-situ modification of SPR surfaces with material/coating of your choice
- Works both with gas and liquid samples
- Sensitive to small molecules as well as nanoparticles
- Validation with electrochemistry is possible
See key questions in assay development that MP-SPR can answer:
- How fast do the molecules X bind with surface A as compared to surface B?
- What is the most sensitive surface for gas X?
- How does my assay work with crude sample such as waste air?